Please feel free to share this post

10 Responses to Poll – Do you think think the NZDF should issue personnel with a Service Card on Leaving the Service?

1. richard christensen says:

what will it achieve/benefits or will it be another piece of plastic in the wallet to show the grandkids

2. Gary Houghton says:

The ADF issues Retired Member ID cards for those departing their respective Service, but there are prerequisites for their issue. The cards allows you to enter the base without having to be signed in etc etc, which is of benefit if going to one of the messes. It also gives access to various discounts etc from businesses, hotel/motel chains and such.

3. David Wadman says:

If it can be of some benefit to those that served then it could be a good thing.

4. Jeff Waghorn says:

Yes, I got one when I got out in 1993 so I presume they stopped the practice. I found it handy to get into various places and especially useful in Australia for RSL’s.

5. Brownie says:

Yes. Model on the ADF – I’m forever being asked to show my card that I don’t have when I ask for Service discount, Well worth a try.

6. Cook Tamati Galvin says:

Yes. Absolutely

7. Marian says:

Yes, I was supposed to get one when I left in 1985, but it never arrived at my home address.

8. Bob Autridge says:

yes its a no brainer

9. BRIAN ROWE says:

yes absolutely…you dont get much else when you leave….in Aussie they are accepted by many businesses