Remembering our Past – Jim Dell

I recently spoke with Jim Dell about writing his memoirs and sure enough he is starting to put pen to paper.  I will develop a page shortly and collate all Communicators historys as they come to hand.  We have at least three communicators busy as bees at this time.  So come on we all have a story to tell so lets document our history now.

Chapter 1 – Before the Andrew

Chapter 2 – Training

Chapter 3 – The Cherry Boys

Chapter 3 part 2  – The Cherry Boys

Chapter 3 part 3  – The Cherry Boys

Chapter 3 part 4  – The Cherry Boys

Chapter 4- NCC Wellington

Chapter 5 part 1 – ENDEAVOUR

Chapter 5 part 2 – Promotion at Last

11 Responses to Remembering our Past – Jim Dell

1. Christine Commons (nee Mitchell ex LWren (sigs) says:

I can see this has the makings of a bestseller. I’m already hooked and awaiting Chapter Two.

2. Paul Murray says:

A very interesting read Jim, looking forward to the next addition.

3. Bill McLauchlan says:

I was interested to note your contact with Paul Tasker. I remember him well from Waiouru W/T in the late 40’s (1948 I think) where he was the MAA – a good guy.

4. John Bullock says:

Jim …What chapter is the story about doing a radio watch on the Endeavour in the nuddy?

5. Chook says:

I am in awe of your memory, or did you have a diary, I was on that trip and remember about 5 percent of the things you mentioned, and that’s being generous….. well done Jim, I have one of the copies of the last edition of Royalists newspaper or magazine or whatever you like to call it.

• Jim Dell says:

Thanks Chook. Everytime I write a chapter, I remember something else. Frank must be getting fed up with my corrected versions.

6. Jan Ainsworth says:

BZ Jim a very interesting read indeed, can’t wait for further pages. Cheers Skin Ainsworth

7. John Bullock says:

Didn’t you know, Jim’s other retirement role is writing the “Hansard” for our NZ parliament … all true stories!

8. Pete Robb (one of the Twins) says:

What great recollections and even greater reading…lots of names I can remember and signposts of your time on different ships with guys I was ships company with….I await the next Chapter.