It would appear that the first formal Communications Training facility was located in what used to be the ‘green huts’ which ran alongside the promenade and ran down opposite the St Christopher’s chapel passed the old Fleet Mess and down to Quarterdeck. The actual school was located in the green hut directly opposite the old Chief and Petty Officers Fleet Mess.
At some time (date to be discovered) a Communications Training Facility was established at 2 Alexander Road in a two story weatherboard building located on the hill by the PHILOMEL Wardroom. This building still stands today and when the Communications School was transferred to the ex Army facility at North Head post 1958, the building for a number of years became the Posting Office. We are aware that the Communications School was in operation and accepting classes on North Head in September 1959. The image below shows number 2 and 4 Alexander Street and the 2 storey building is to the right. Thanks Fred W for the images.