Jack Passings – December 2016

The following Sailors ‘Crossed the Bar’ during the month of December 2016. Details of funerals etc can be found by clicking HERE

RABONE Les John LRO
MACKAY, Ian Gary
CROSS, Albert John TEL
RIKIHANA, Taipari (Rick). POEL
NOBLE, Alexander John (Lex), Seaman
BOYD, Graham Buick RNZNVR
DUFFY, Arthur Lawrence Signalman
WYATT, William Peter (Peter) Stoker
MacNAB, Maureen (Olga) (nee Warring)  First Officer

8 Responses to Jack Passings – December 2016

1. Chook says:

Another of the intake of Jan 64, Pari Rikihana, smooth seas old mate……RIP

Just heard from Glenn Brady that Les Rabone (ARD) has passed away.

3. Tony Locke says:

RIP Les … you guys were our neighbours in Ballance road during one of our postings at Irirangi.

4. Peter Broom says:

Sadly another 12th boy has passed on.There can’t be many of us left now

5. Bill McLauchlan says:

Sorry to read that Albie Cross has passed on – I remember him from his time at Irirangi (or was it Waiouru W/T?). I have enjoyed his previous frequent additions and explanations on this web site as there don’t seem to be too many of our generation still around. Bill McLauchlan, ex L/Tel NZ11400

• Colin Spence says:

You are so right Bill. I remember you at Waiouru W/T those days. We are getting a bit long in the tooth now, but enjoying life whilst we can.Albie was great mate of mine on the Bellona in 1949, so will miss him. Regards – Tex Spence ex L/Tel.

• Peter broom says:

Sorry I didn’t get back to you whilst in NZ.Do you know how many of our class are now left.Regards Peter Broom Sig

6. Christine Commons says:

Maureen Warring was 2nd Officer in Wakefield whilst I was there. I liked her and she was extremely kind to me as I was (then) rather naïve and she seemed to take special interest in my wellbeing. Farewell Ma-am.