President’s Christmas Message

As we come to the end of a very full year, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all Shipmates and their families a very Happy Christmas and a successful and prosperous voyage through the New Year.

morse key

I find myself reflecting on the past year and on those who have supported and helped shape our Association. I treasure the times I have spent with many of you this year and are hoping for more of the same in 2017. To the Executive, Committee and membership, I thank you for your support and encouragement.

ball

Please save a Christmas thought for shipmates who have ‘crossed the bar’ and for those who are serving our country in operations overseas and who cannot be with loved ones at this special time of year. Their sacrifice will not be forgotten.

I wish you all the very best as you embark on 2017.

Kind Regards

Rod Berry
President

16 Responses to President’s Christmas Message

1. Jim Blackburn. says:

Thank you Mr President, Sir…and I reciprocate your wishes to ALL our members, Near and Far

2. Jim Dell says:

Same here guys. Merry Xmas and safe travels to all. By the way, my hearing aids don’t appear to be working as I can’t hear the message from the morse key…

3. Paddy Long (Dodger) says:

Same to you Rod, all the seasonal best and properity for 2017 to you and Dearne ! thanks for what you do for the Association too mate – Dodger

4. Jim Dell says:

Nope, still can’t hear it. Perhaps I don’t have the right key card settings…

5. Roddy says:

No key card settings James -it’s definately your aids. Where are you putting them?

• Jim Dell says:

Perhaps they should be in my ears…

• Jim Dell says:

I can read the key and all it is saying is dit dit dit dit dit dit dit …

• John Bullock says:

There is nothing wrong your hearing aids Jim… You have got “Cauliflower Ears” from all the ear-bashing SWMBO has given you!

• mike catlow says:

Ah therein lies the mistake. You are not supposed to look at what its doing – that’s the buntings job. You have to concentrate on the noises in your ears – often the noise volume is better without the hearing aids i find, hope this helps

6. Frank Rands says:

Doesn’t Brian have a spare set of ‘key cards’ or did he return the ones you gave him many years ago. Jim!!

bugger, i forgot to bring them for framing when i was there yesterday frank..i knew there was something else..

8. Peter Broom says:

As an absent ex matelot (Australia) I wish everyone a happy Xmas and merry New Year