William (Bill) Panting

Capture

Regret to advise that PO Tel William Francis (Bill) Panting crossed the bar this morning.  Our thoughts are with Di and Kips Kingdon at this time.  Funeral details will be published when known.

15 Responses to William (Bill) Panting

1. John says:

Condolences to all. A shipmate from long ago. Sail on Bill.

2. Christine C. says:

A bright candle has been extinguished with the loss of dear old Billy Puff Puff.

3. Roddy says:

Hi Kips – Our sincere condolences on your loss. Our thoughts are with Di and yourself at this sad time. I remember Bill well in my ‘young’ sailor days.
    Kind Regards
    Rod and Dearne Berry

aaahhh billy puff puff. would give me heaps when I was at the port wireless in the 60’s..why didn’t I kick that goal, why didn’t I get that goal (waterpolo) would give me a verbling in that “orible” English voice, but always had a bit of a smile when saying it..and so another ol’ sparker meets his maker.
    great guy, condolences to Di and family Gunth

Sad to hear of Bill’s passing. Sincere condolences to Di and Kips. Jim and Vicki Dell

6. Rex(Buick)Rodgers says:

R.I.P Billy Puff Puff long time friend, our thoughts are with Di and Kips

7. Jenny zcrengle says:

So sad we have lost Billy Babes. I guess there will be a good old-fashioned “hooley” going on somewhere! Condolences and love to Kips, Diane, Toni and Michael……

8. JaCK Sweeney says:

condolences to Bills’ family. he was PO at Navy Office and one of the few that was strictly fair on scivving off watch on roster basis. gave us great larfs on watch,constantly catching out Ernie with his ‘ come here lad, wots that hanging from your @@@@@, bugger me, its an undigested cabbage leaf. great memories.

9. Gary Kingdon says:

If anyone is going to attend Bill’s funeral on Thu (1300 at Snapper Rock Crematorium), please note that it is ‘a celebration of a colourful life’, so Diane has requested that people do not wear black, but something bright to see Bill off in way he would like.
    There will be a wake afterwards at the Birkenhead RSA – which he certainly would’ve liked.

10. Gary Kingdon says:

Thanks for the above messages John, Xssy, Rod, Gunther, Jim, Buck, Jenny and JaCK.

11. erniek10 says:

Deepest sympathy to Diane and Gary. Friend, shipmate and mentor, Bill was all these, and more. Rest in Peace me one mate.
    Ernie

12. erniek10 says:

Rest in Peace me OLE mate.
    Ernie

13. Really sad to hear of Bill’s passing. Sincere condolences to Di and Kips. Chuck & Ali Berry

14. Mike Harrington says:

What a shock to hear of Bill’s passing! Such a great guy, served with Bill at Navy Office and we had some great runs ashore! Wish I was in Auckland to send Bill off. Bon voyage Bill. R.I.P. Mike Harrington.

15. Brian Moyse says:

Sad to hear about Bill, I served with him and enjoyed his company. Condolences to Gary & Di.