Jack Passings – October 2015

The following Sailors ‘Crossed the Bar’ during the month of October 2015. Details of funerals etc can be found by clicking HERE.

HENDERSON, Gordon Kennedy WTR
TALBOT John Raeburn  LT MED RNZNVR
MAIKA, Marion Hinemutu (nee Thompson) POTS
MITCHELL, Lloyd Joseph  LT
BLACK, Raymond Basil
MacKENZIE, Graham Allan William (Allan) CPO
BURDEN, Elspeth Margery Wren
SIMPSON, Hugh
DREW, George Alfred STOKER
WADHAM Roland Keith
KEARNEY Jon Christopher (Kermit) CPOWM
WRIGHT Walter Alan (Wallie) or (Shiner) NZ15177 LRO(G)
TUHEKE, Robert Paraki (Chiefy)
WEBSTER, Richard Samuel

12 Responses to Jack Passings – October 2015

1. Rod says:

Much sadness this morning John when I received the news of your passing. A January ’66 classmate and along with Bobby Ohlson in Jan ’86 we had our ‘ getting out’ celebration. RIP Kermit – I will always remember our friendship

the paranoid midget is no more. my good friend john is dead. great shipmate, rugby player, piss taker, the list could go on and on. we spent many hours together at sea and ashore some great memories of those days/years…bugger bugger bugger . rest in peace now me ol’ mate, the pain is over..

3. Gordon Cattermole says:

Which John Kearney Frank? If it was the WM we were only talking about him at Chris Holmes Funeral last Saturday.

Gordon

4. Tony Locke says:

Anne and I remember Chiefy Tuheke .. at Irirangi… back in the sixties.as a driver.. Hell of a nice guy. RIP mate.

Tony Locke

5. Bill Bartlett says:

Hope to get across to Whangamata to Wally’s send-off. He was 30th OD’s. intake after me about Aug/Sept .’54 – quite a character he was. RIP Wal!

Llyod Mitchell was the XO at Irirangi on one occasion that I was there. RIP

7. MikeDinwiddie says:

Lloyd was also heavily involved with the RNZN SailingClub a great gentleman and will of course be sadly missed. RIP Lloyd

Vicki and I are both sad to hear of Marion passing away. Marion served with us at Irirangi and also with Vicki at the Command Commcen. Deepest sympathies to her family.

9. Dave Earl says:

Very sad to hear of Marion’s passing. Must be far to early for her. She was always great fun and I remember us being at a party at Irirangi when the guitars came out. We were all in the garage I think. She commented that ‘for a pakeha I was a pretty good singer’ Nice complement!!. My sympathies to all the family.

10. Greg and Trisha Davis says:

Both Trisha and I are saddened to hear of the passing of Marion, she is fondly remembered by both of us as a good friend, and a professional and loyal work colleague, particularly during our time in Waiouru. Our hearts go out to all of her Whanau and friends in New Zealand at this sad time.
    Greg and Trisha Davis, NZ High Commission Canberra

11. Brian (Kips) Roberts says:

So sorry to hear of Marion’s passing. If anyone is in touch with the family, please pass on our sincere condolonces. We remember some fun times at Irirangi in the early 80’s. RIP Marion. Brian (Kips) and Verena Roberts.