The Recipe

Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix.  sprinkle with cinnamon.

4 litres Tip Top Vanilla Ice Cream
2 litres Cream ( or 50 / 50 Milk and Cream )
Ten drops Vanilla Essence
1 Litre Squirt ( best rum option is Captain Morgan Overproof ) (Underproof is sort of OK )
6 Eggs, whisked until foaming
Cinnamon Powder

and what do you have?

Click HERE for some alternative recipes.

6 Responses to The Recipe

1. John Bullock says:

Commonly known as “Mooses Milk”. Here is a another recipe variation….
    600 ml Vanilla Ice Cream
    600 ml Milk
    2 x Eggs
    1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
    Sprinkle of Nutmeg
    Add Rum to taste

Method:
    Just simply mix the ingredients together and serve chilled AND GOOD LUCK with the Messdeck Crumpet parties !

2. Geoff Andrews says:

In my case Indigestion!!

3. Mike Catlow says:

I would say probably in my case at the moment, 10mm extra lining around the waist

4. Brian 'Kips' Roberts says:

I could be wrong but i think “Mooses Milk” got it’s name from the creator “Moose” Cameron, ET, who was at the Sticks in the early 80’s when I was down there.

Sorry Kips. Mooses Milk was going strong in the RNZN in the 70s. Otago and Taranaki were alongside together in Sydney in 76. I was on Otago and my mate Scouse Newell was on Taranaki. I went to pick Scouse up on Taranaki after Captain’s Rounds on the Saturday morning. I went down to his Mess (AFT POs) and he had just finished putting together the Mooses’s milk. We then proceeded to start on the “Milk”. However, said friend then proceeded to hiccup and bring up the “milk” on his No1 uniform. No problem – he cleaned himself up and then we went ashore in civvies. The story continues…

Whilst still serving at Waiouru, mine and Scouse’s postings came out to go to Otago. However, someone in posting office said “you can’t send those two together on the same ship!” Scouse was then sent to Taranaki. When Otago arrived in Singapore,the Senior Rates received an RPC to the Senior NCOs Woodlands Mess. Upon arrival, I went through the door and a loud voice at the back said ::You Dell. where’s the other one?” To which I replied, ‘Scouse is on Taranaki.”. The voice said “is Taranaki here?” I replied to the negative. The voice said “Thank God for that.”
    Whereupon I was welcomed with open arms with former members of the Waiouru Warrant Officers and Sergeants Mess.