The Navy Creed

The Navy now has a ‘Creed” which can be seen by clicking HERE.  Other NZDF Utube clips can also be viewed on the same link.

Our Navy Creed:

I am a sailor of the Royal New Zealand Navy
Te Taua Moana o Aotearoa
I represent the proud heritage of those who have gone before me
I serve to protect our people and our whanau with integrity and mana
I will follow those above me and lead those below me
I embody the navy’s Core Values – Courage, Commitment, Comradeship and will challenge those who do not
He heranama ahau, I am a sailor

10 Responses to The Navy Creed

I seem to remember something similar from Scouts:
    On my honor I will do my best
    To do my duty to God and my country
    and to obey the Scout Law;
    To help other people at all times;
    To keep myself physically strong,
    mentally awake, and morally straight.
    (I don’t remember the morally straight bit though…)

• John Bullock says:

You must have been “morally straight” Jim, otherwise Her Indoors would not have married you! I can vouch for your exemplary conduct!

amazing.. with the shortage of personnel in the navy and everyone doing two jobs etc etc , someone had time to think this up. give me strength. and looking at the tv ad’, if they don’t know they are in the navy when at sea or wearing the uniform, when will they know..or am I missing something??? isnt there a maori word for integrity

…nope

4. Owen Stuart says:

Certainly is pathetic, sounds, and looks, like something you would teach kids in a Kohanga Reo.

5. casper says:

Reminds me very much of the Monty Python crew with “I’m a Lumberjack and I’m ok
    I cut down trees, I skip and jump,
    I like to press wild flowers.
    I put on women’s clothing,
    And hang around in bars.

Mounties: He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps,
    He likes to press wild flowers.
    He puts on women’s clothing
    And hangs around…. In bars???????

Read more: Monty Python – Lumberjack Song Lyrics | MetroLyrics

6. Graham Cadwallader (Caddy) says:

I was about to burst into print but was over-taken be a strong case of nausea!

7. Bill Bartlett says:

me ditto Caddy!See the latest NT . Even the Admiral is using it!! Gawd Bliimey!

8. Dave Wistrand says:

Well I don’t want them to represent me with that kind of business – but in the same breath just had some sailors from Rotoiti in Waipu for the ANZAC Day parade and they were great ambassadors