Where have all the Communicators Gone?

Noel and his wife Sheryll  Kinnimont are interested in the whereabouts of the following communicators and would like to make contact.  Noel and Sheryll’s email address is nellietreetops@slingshot.co.nz.  His request is repeated below:

Website is excellent, but a lot of names are unfamiliar–guess it comes with old age…can anybody shed some light on the whereabouts of the following (Sparkers mainly with a few bunting tosser’s thrown in) –and others I’ve forgoten due to CRAFT

Don McMurray,
Rex Handcock,
Skin Paull,
Doggie Stewart,
Carl Edwards,
Shiner Wright (33rd Seaman Boys),
Ernie Koch,
Snow Millson,
Mike Harrington,
Chris Precey,
Mo Garvie.
Bill Ross,
Graham Webby,
Chappie Chapman,
Russell Hockley (Maybe its him on the site)
Jim Blackburn the same,
Ken McCann(Father P.O.Tel Frank)
Georgie Hill,
Bugs Hewson,
Dodger Long,
Ken Beattie,
Henri Bull,
John Snow
John Bullock

All of these from 1955 to 1965 plus others I’ve missed and my other half would (Blue Wilson) would like to know if anyone knows the whereabouts of the following jennies(Sigs),
P.Marks,
L.Brierley,
Frankie McCabe,
Stormi Fairweather,
N.Stevens

24 Responses to Where have all the Communicators Gone?

1. john snow says:

I am still around….John Snow

Snow Milson passed away many years ago.

• Noel Kininmont says:

Many Tks John I have not changed much –perhaps a little battered and older But
      still good-looking
      Noel

2. Dodger says:

And I am in Christchurch, as is John Bullock !! Presuming I’m the Dodger your thinking of ??

• Noel Kininmont says:

Hi Dodger ==if u are the dodger on the inter island ferries– YES Tks Skin

• Dodger says:

NO mate I never worked on the inter island ferries — been across on them a time or two though hehe !! — must be the other Dodger then !

• Tony Locke says:

Hi Skin …. I can remember you at zlo years ago as a boy..
        I also know the Dodger you are talking about, namely Des Long.. He was on Royalist with me in 1961.
        On the trip he did his PMG for sparker on merchant ships. This got him going on the interisland ferries.
        I have recently spoken with him as he lives in Waikanae. His profession now days
        is a Psychotherapist. Fancy that eh!

Tony Locke

3. Graham Cadwallader says:

G’day “Skin”, Glad to see you’re still around

Regards

Caddy

4. Christine Commons says:

Hi Blue…..you didnt have me on your list but tis myself Christine nee Mitchell. We were together down Navy Office, so if you interested please email me. Also am in contact with Henri Bull as see he is on Skins wanted list…

• Noel Kininmont says:

Hi Christine it is really great to hear from you. We are liviing at Whangamata my home town We lost contact with everyone .I would like to find out how everyone has coped with the missing years.We have 4 daughters 8 grandchildren and 3 greatgrandchildren

5. Mike Dinwiddie says:

Gidday
    I see Iam not on ya list either but good to see more people using the website.
    Cheers
    Dins (Mike Dinwiddie)

6. Sue Maguire says:

Hello Sheryll, I worked in the Distribution Office, 8th Floor Navy office 1963-64 then joined the Navy. I have regular contact with Fran McCabe( now Rogers) here in Christchurch. She may see this and get in touch with you herself if not e-mail me and I will give you her details.
    I was Sue Willard then.

7. Barrie Chivers says:

Skin & Blue,
    Nice to know you are still around. Stormi;s address is
    L, Beard
    249 Coast Rd., RD1 Waikouaiti 9471

Phone: (03) 4822748

Cheers Barrie Chivers

8. Charles Conroy says:

Carl Edwards is in the United states , Chris Precey is here in Paraparaumu Ken Mccann is also in the states he does a lot of research with Whales.
    Cheers Charlie Conroy

9. Noel Kininmont says:

Hi Christine—-It’s Blue .Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.I always thought when you got older you had heaps more time to do things,What a big fat fib that is.It i s great to hear from you.Where are you and what have you been up to for all these years.We are in Whangamata now,in my family home only it has shrunk since I was a child.We have 4daughters,8grand children and 3great gr children now.Noel and Henri have been in touch tks It seems like Noel wants to see what all his crowd are up to these days.When you start to talk to others all sorts of memories start to come back.Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards Blue.

10. Ken McCann says:

Hey Skin,
    Wow – It’s been a lot of years. Happy to know you are still alive and well on planet Earth. Email me an we’ll catch up. I spoke with Carl Edwards on the phone a few times when he was in Chicago but that was many years ago.

11. Andy Wrenn says:

Does anyone remember my grandfather Anderson (Andy) Edwards? – I recognise a couple of the names mentioned from photos with grandad in the Navy.

Cheers
    Andy

• James F Blackburn. says:

HI Andy. I knew your Grandfather pretty well..We were on the Lachlan together for a couple of months out in the Tasman 400 miles west of Greymouth acting as a Homing
      Beacon for the aircraft taking part in the 1953 London to Christchurch air-race.

Andy was also one of the two Killicks in my watch in Irirangi early in 1957

Jim B

• Andy says:

Hi Jim – thank you for responding….it’s great to hear stories about him, I never got to meet him, he died when mum was only 4 years old, far too young! I’m glad to have all the photo’s of him & I can tell by the photo’s and the stories that Nana told me (also in the Navy) he was very proud to have served. I’m lucky enough to have been given his medal’s when nana passed away, they went to my uncle default but with my passion for family history he knew I would be proud to have them.

• Michele Wrenn says:

As I understand it from Mum, once Dad disclosed he had applied for the police force (as end of engagement was coming up), he was moved out of Irirangi fairly quickly.
        Went up to Waiouru a while back but there were no houses left where Mum, Dad and brother lived in Carr Crescent.
        Lovely to hear from you – thank you.
        Michele (Andy’s daughter)

12. John Bullock says:

Bugs Hewson lives in Kaiapoi Nth of Christchurch. Gary Bryenton had lived in Australia for many years, but died 26-10-13.

13. FRANK ELLIOTT says:

WELL NOW A TIME WARP . HI ALL YOU SPARKERS STILL KINGING ON PRODUCING A GOOD DROP OF MORSE . OFTEN THINK OF THOSE DAYS . HOPE YOU HAVE FORGOTEN ALL THE AGRO AND ONLY RETAINED THE GOOD TIME MEMORIES . HAVE ATTENDED A FEW FUNERALS OF LATE , SAD BUT INEVITABLE . UP SPIRITS FRANK ELLIOTT